At Nelson Heights School, we REACH for the Heights, by valuing:
Respect & Responsibility
Empathy & Effort
Acceptance & Self Control
Caring & Compassion
Honesty & Fairness
At Nelson Heights School, we believe that:
- Everyone can learn and learning is life-long.
- A safe, caring and respectful environment creates mutual trust and a climate that is suitable for learning.
- Education is the shared responsibility of students, parents, staff, and community.
- Every person should be a positive example in someone else's life.
- Education encourages students to experience and enjoy learning while building confidence and self-esteem.
- Every personal right comes with a personal responsibility.
- Literacy is a vital skill.
- We believe that every individual is capable of change and personal growth.